Details for Junior Estimator (Sparks, NV)
- Job Description
Clark/Sullivan Construction (C/S) is currently looking to hire a full-time Junior Estimator to join our main office team in Sparks, NV. This is the perfect opportunity for a new or recent graduate to establish their skills at the forefront of the construction process - Estimating and Preconstruction!
If you’re a detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced industry and learning from a team of highly-skilled and motivated individuals, this could be the perfect job for you!
- Roles & Responsibilities
A Junior Estimator will work with our veteran estimator team to establish and refine skills and to learn how to lead/facilitate the following:
- Review bid documents, including plans and specifications
- Quantity take-offs
- Labor and material estimates
- Contact subcontractors and suppliers as scope of work requires
- Communication with architects, engineers and owners
- Prepare bids and proposals, including evaluation of subcontractor proposals
- Buy-out including contract writing and cost coding
- Travel to other office locations to bid/propose on projects
- Work as a team player willing to work with others as projects dictate
- Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Prior Exposure to Estimating is Preferred but not Required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test as a condition of employment.
C/S offers a competitive benefits package, with opportunities for professional growth. These benefits include but are not limited to:
- Employer-Paid Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401K Retirement Program (including employee matching)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)